Carbonite automates data migration across different hardware platforms, storage types and operating systems. You can move workloads with minimal risk and near-zero downtime. It is named after carbonite, the fictional substance used to freeze Han Solo in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Carbonite features include:
- Replicate data continuously to minimise downtime and enable fast cutover.
- Perform unlimited testing of the new environment without disrupting operations.
- Reduce downtime to minutes or seconds as you cut over to the new server.
- Ensure data, files and system setting are replicated reliably.
How does it work?
- After installing Carbonite Migrate, the administrator selects the source and target servers through the console.
- The administrator chooses how to migrate data, with options from fully automated cloud orchestration workflows to DIY with our robust SDK.
- Once initiated, Carbonite Migrate performs an initial mirror of the data, applications, or complete server to begin synchronisation.
- Throughout the migration process, Carbonite Migrate continuously replicates changes from the source, automatically preserving an exact copy of data and configuration settings on the target server.
- Cutting over to the target can be initiated manually or automated immediately upon completion of initial synchronisation.
Which are the Benefits
- Easy Migration to and from
- Easy-to-use console
- External HD backup
- Scalable continuous replication
- AES 256-bit encryption
- 24/7 award-winning technical support
Overall, Carbonite is a very simple, essentially self-managing migration tool, with great support and service levels. Easily migrate workloads to, from or between any physical, virtual or cloud-based environment. Strengths:Niharika SharmaData Analyst at The Migration Company